Tuesday, May 14, 2019

One Step Closer to Welcoming a Child


I had my last home study and have been recommended for approval to be a certified foster parent! The home study paper work has to be completed and then submitted to the Department of Children's Services in the next week.  After DCS received the home study, it will be about 10 business days until it is official and I am open for my first placement. Within the next month or so I will be receiving my first placement of 1-2 children, age(s) 6-12.

I am becoming more excited and equally nervous about this new journey. Many of you have already given gifts and encouragement so generously to help me get the foster room ready. My niece and nephew are excited every day they get to come to my house, to see what has come in the mail from my foster care wish list.

 
If you missed my last blog here are some highlights:
Not having children of my own I am going to need a great deal to prepare for these children/child. Many of you have said to let you know how you could support me in this, so I thought I would let you know what the needs are.

There is no pressure at all to be a part of this. I just wanted to invite you to come alongside me in pouring into foster kids in Knoxville if you would like to.

Here’s how you can be a part of this:

  • Most importantly I need PRAYER SUPPORT.
  • I have set up an Amazon Wish List with things I will be needing/wanting for the kiddos coming in.
  • If you already have any of these items at home, in good condition, and would like to share them, I would love that too!

Thanks so much for your support and encouragement through this next season for me! 
PS If you have questions you can email me at sheameliene@yahoo.com.  
Please let me know if you need my address. 



No comments:

Post a Comment