Thursday, February 27, 2020

Five Months and Counting..

When I started my first foster training class back last February I had no idea what really was ahead. I know with out a shadow of a doubt that I am doing exactly what I am am passionate about and called to do and it is hard. All classes and training can't prepare you for what you will see in foster care. You don't know what you don't know until you are in it.


 

The last five months have been some of the best and some of the hardest in my life. I love this little girl fiercely. I love that she is learning to trust me and to share her story with me. I love that she is learning to thrive in a stable, loving environment. I love that she is learning so much about Jesus and his never stopping, never giving up, always and forever love.

Translation for those who don’t know kindergarten spelling..😀 God loves you no matter what. He will be with you will love you with all his heart. I love you with all my heart too. For Shea.

It breaks my heart when I hear things like "I wish my family had not done what they did so I had to be in foster care" or "I am afraid I am never going to see my family again". I want to scream "Yes! It is not fair that you are dealing with the consequences of poor choices of the grown ups in your life. It's not fair that you have to be separated from everyone and everything that is familiar to you because of someone else's choices." It is so hard to watch this beautiful, kind, smart, loving little girl hurt so deeply because of someone else's choices.  I do my best to keep reminding her that she is deeply loved,  most importantly by God, but also by her family and many others. I know that hurting people hurt people, so my prayer is for God to rescue her family and that they would know his healing and freeing love. 



Please pray for B and for me. I need wisdom on how to help her process these really big emotions. Pray that she will continue to know Jesus in a deeper and deeper way.



No comments:

Post a Comment