Sunday, January 22, 2017

So Good!

I wanted to update those of you who have been supporting me. I am so thankful for each one of you. I could not have done this without you. I've been back stateside for a little over a month now and it has been such sweet time. I was grateful to be able to spend Christmas with my family. I have had lots of time to rest and just be with family. I am feeling more refreshed every day. 

Many people have asked what are you going to DO now. The answer to that is I am going to rest. I am able to stay with my parents and just take a bit of a sabbatical after 4 years on the field. It has been exactly what I needed. It was a really tough decision to leave the ship midyear but God has continued to confirm that I made the right decision. 

I leave today for Grand Junction, Colorado. Mercy Ships is sending me to a 1 week debrief. I am so thankful for this time. I ask for your prayers as I think God has some great things he wants to do this week. My close friend Krystal from the ship will be attending with me so it will be a sweet time. I also really love Colorado so it's a perfect place for me to go. 

Any support sent for me up until January 29th will go to help me in this transition time. After that time it would go to the general Mercy Ships Fund. If you would like to continue supporting a Mercy Ships crew member please let me know. I have plenty of friends who would be so blessed to have you partnering with them as they continue to serve on the ship. I have already connected one family with a friend on the ship and she is so grateful.

I will be planning an update night soon to share what God has done in these last 4 years and to thank you for supporting me. I hope to see many of you there. 

My nephew Crew and I just before Christmas.
The lovely park by my parents house I have enjoyed many walks at in the last month. 
I have loved getting just to do life again with my sister! 

No comments:

Post a Comment