Monday, October 19, 2015

The Truth

There are so many days I can't believe the life I get to live. Here are just a few of the many things I am thankful for the last few weeks:
-Looking out my classroom window and seeing patients who are about to board the ship and have life changing surgery
-Friends who throw a Madagascar baby shower for my sister knowing how hard it was that I could not be at her shower in Texas
-Starting each day with fresh air, a run and a chat with a trusted friend
-Watching the sunset over Tamatave while sitting on the dock watching tropical fish swim beneath me.
-Friends from around the world who would do anything for me when I needed them
-The friend that knows to ask " Are you REALLY ok?"
-Elementary teacher brunch including women from 4 different countries
-A smile and a hug at just the right time
-Ultimate frisbee with friends at the end of a long week
- Getting to invest in one student each day and seeing her grow by leaps and bounds
- Friends who leave homemade treats by your cabin door 
-Friends who KNOW me
-Skype chats and prayer with forever friends across the globe

God help me to always give thanks for the biggest and smallest blessings and trials you send my way leading to abundant joy.


No comments:

Post a Comment