Thursday, October 29, 2015

Bubbles and Cupcakes!

I have had several moments this week of remembering how much I love teaching in the Mercy Ships Academy. 
First:
This week in bible we are learning about one of my favorite people, Ruth! I wanted to create an opportunity for Maya to show God's love and use her gifts and love for baking to serve just as Ruth did. We decided to pray and ask God to show us who to take a card and a cupcake to. We made our list of cupcake recipients and got started. 
 Maya is a natural baker! 
 She made cards while the cupcakes baked. 


Maya's take on the afternoon:

"It was fun baking the cupcakes."
"I liked to make the cards."
"I liked making cupcakes for people."
"It was fun giving them away."




Next:
For Science this week we are studying matter, especially gas so we got to play with bubbles. Maya had a great time.


Last:
We look out our classroom window and see many patients arriving on the dock for their life changing surgery. 


Thanks so much for your prayers and support that allow me to serve here with Mercy Ships.


No comments:

Post a Comment