Saturday, May 23, 2015

Farewell Xavier

How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard. ~Carol Sobieski and Thomas Meehan, Annie

School finished just yesterday afternoon and this morning Xavier and his family loaded into the Land Rovers and buses to begin their long journey moving to Texas after 8 years onboard the Africa Mercy. They will be volunteering at the Mercy Ships International Operations Center after a visit with friends and family in Washington. This family will be greatly missed! It was so hard to say goodbye to Xavier this morning after spending 8 hours a day, 5 days a week for 40 weeks with he and Charlotte.

I don't think Xavier really knew how to say goodbye to Charlotte after spending the last 2 years as the  only students in their class. They ended up with a foot high five. I know they will miss each other!

I will certainly miss Xavier's kind heart and the way he made me laugh. I will also miss all the deep questions he asked during our bible class. I thought I knew the word until I heard Xavier and Charlotte's thought provoking questions. =)  I am so thankful for everything they have taught me this year. 


a hot chocolate date with
Xavier before he left for Texas


Drop Everything And Read Day

One last note to each other.
Dear Charlotte,
I hope you come and visit me at the IOC.
Sincerely,
Xavier

Free time. I loved listening to them play.














































































No comments:

Post a Comment