Saturday, February 14, 2015

Mada 2-What's next for me?

I am guessing this blog won't come as much of a surprise to many of you who don't already know. I have loved having the opportunity to serve with Mercy Ships these last 2 years in Guinea, Congo and now Madagascar! After much prayer I am certain that the Lord is calling me to extend for another year through May of 2016. It is not an easy decision, knowing that I will be so far away for another year, but I know that it is what God has for me. I am very excited to see what God is going to do as this year has already been so much easier than last year. I have found my rhythm. I feel like I have been a stronger teacher this year having the experience of last year in the Academy. I think next year will be even better with a third year in the same position. I have also seen God working through me to be able to encourage some of the younger ladies onboard. It has been neat to walk alongside them as they walk out what God is calling them to. 

The Plan:
I will be coming to Texas this summer for several weeks before starting my third year as a grade 1 teacher in the Mercy Ships Academy. The ship will sail to South Africa for 6 weeks this summer before returning to Madagascar for a second field service here lasting through May of 2016. I am very excited to return to Madagascar. It is a beautiful country and we have already seen God bring so much hope and healing here. 

Thanks so much to those of you who make it possible for me to serve here. I could not do it without your prayer, support and encouragement. I am beyond grateful for the opportunity to live this life here! 










No comments:

Post a Comment