Sunday, September 15, 2013

My heart is full!

In the academy we sing a song with the kids. "Since the Lord saved me, I'm as happy as can be. My heart is full and running over" I see so many things around me that makes my heart feel as though it is running over with joy. To be able to serve in a place where your passions and gifting come together to bring God glory is an indescribable feeling. To see people who have been outcasts their entire life because of medical problems receive hope and healing brings so much joy. 

I was reading in Proverbs this morning and came across the verse that says "A happy heart makes the face cheerful." Proverbs 15:13. Sometimes I still can't believe this is my life. Everyday I am building more relationships and finding out what the new normal is for me. What does it look like to live on a ship in Africa with 450 people? What does it mean to open your heart to new relationships and continue to pursue growth in the current ones? How do I find a way to be a part of the lives of my friends and family thousands of miles away at home? How can I be more transparent here with the people God has called me to serve with? It is coming together bit by bit. 

I have had a great weekend! Saturday started with watching Academy kids play soccer on the beach, babysitting in the afternoon and ending with the night of worship onboard. Today it's time for a day of rest! 

Making sand castles while their brother plays soccer. 
Beach soccer is lots of fun! 

So much fun coloring with Emma! 

Super Caroline
Amy and Gracie came to join the fun at the Cash cabin. 


No comments:

Post a Comment