Monday, July 29, 2013

School Starts tomorrow!

The other day in Tenerife I left the ship to go for a short walk. I was talking to God and could not wipe the smile off of my face. Over 15 years ago God began planting seeds of passion for kids and the nations in my heart. For many years I held on to the the belief that God would one day send me to another nation. In September I said yes when he asked me to go to Africa and serve with Mercy Ships. I spent 6 weeks training and 4 months working in hospitality onboard. Tomorrow I start my role as the Africa Mercy Academy Grade 1 teacher! I am so excited I can hardly stand it. How sweet it is to see God's faithfulness to fulfill promises years in the making.

As we continue our sail towards the Congo I begin the day tomorrow with 5 children from Australia, South Africa, England and America. Please pray for me and the children. I am thrilled to play a part in equipping these children to develop spiritually, emotionally and academically to be all God has called them to be. 
I am using a superhero theme for our class this year, to be tied in with biblical heroes. It's going to be awesome!

We have amazing resources for the kids to learn with!









5 students with a great view of the ocean! 

No comments:

Post a Comment