Saturday, November 3, 2012

Waiting Patiently


In our culture waiting patiently goes against the norm. As I look back over the last 10-15 years there have been many ups and downs along the way. Sometimes I waited patiently on The Lord and other times I wondered what the heck he was doing and why it was taking so long to see the desires He put in me to be lived out.
I am now getting a little glimpse at what he has been doing all these years. His desire is that many will see and hear and put their trust in Him! I am here to tell you that God is so trustworthy. All the very difficult even herendous things I have gone through; now make this sweet time even sweeter. I would not trade those things because they have played a role in preparing me for where God is sending me now. For a long time I couldn't understand what God was doing but now I know it was all training time!

Be encouraged that if you are waiting for The Lord he will show himself faithful and it will be In a way that you and everyone else sees that it could only be Him. Don't grow weary because he is faithful to do what he said he would do!

I waited patiently for the Lord;
he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear the Lord
and put their trust in him. I do not hide your righteousness in my heart;
I speak of your faithfulness and your saving help.
I do not conceal your love and your faithfulness
from the great assembly. (Psalm 40:1-3, 10 NIV)


No comments:

Post a Comment