Sunday, September 13, 2015

He's a Good Good Father


This weekend I had the opportunity to help with a young adults retreat here onboard the Africa Mercy. It was a great weekend of connecting both with God and each other. We did games, prayed together, worshiped together and watched Andy Stanley's Guardrail Series. We saw God move in some really neat ways throughout the weekend.

This morning during our worship time we sang the Housefire's song Good Good Father. I was overwhelmed with God's goodness in my life at this moment. For quiet some time now God has helped me to clarify my passions and what he is calling me to sew into. I would say the top 3 things that I have a heart for are missions, kids and women. Well let me tell you how good God is? Right now I get to teach kids on a ship off the coast of Madagascar. God has also recently opened some new opportunites for me to pour into some of the younger women on the ship through a small group bible study. I love hearing women's stories and encouraging them with how I have seen God work in my own life. Please pray for God to give me wisdom as I teach kids and pour into these women. One of the things my Aunt Teresa wrote to me as I began serving with Mercy Ships was "You are a people connecting person and you are doing that on the Mercy Ship I'm sure." I pray that God will use me as an instrument of unity, encouragement and hospitality each day on the Africa Mercy.

Thank you again to those of you who make it possible for me to serve and live the dream here in Madagascar.

.Good Good Father

No comments:

Post a Comment